Re: RE: Re: Radar Detectors... Or... How to Beat VA's law...

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 09:29:45 EDT

>This situation probably won't now-adays in that the Post Office now has
very strigent sending policies on how to send bulky items, especially items
that bulge in packages. The detectors would look too much like bombs in the
way their shaped. The law officers would look at that package and call out
the BOMB SQUAD and detonate the package right where you sit--hopefully not
in your truck. You still trying to get out away from a ticket, you would
then say "Really Officer, It's not a bomb-I'll show you, and take it out of
the package. The Officer will see what it is(knowing, thats what he stopped
you for) and then write you up for,not only having a detector but also
trying to evade the police, and call up the postal Inspectors for sending
ILLEGAL Contraband through the mail in that STATE. So you see that there are
many senerios that the COPS could use just for having a detector in that
State. How do I know---I've been carrying the U.S. Mail for over 20 years---