Re: Heavy-Duty U-Joints

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 12:50:10 EDT

Thanks Dave.

Hopefully I'll remember were I filed this message when it comes time to replace
mine!

T.

Subject: DML: Heavy-Duty U-Joints
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
Date: 10/6/98 10:08 AM

Sorry for the late post. I have been out of town and setting up
my new computer.

This is for all the gentleman who wanted the information on the
U-Joints:

I had Precision U-Joints installed on my '97 ClubCab.
The Precision Part Number is #316. Of course, it takes
three U-Joints. (Two DriveShafts) The retail cost was $21.95
each plus installation cost.

I also replaced the center bearing as it had been damaged.
This comes from the Dealer.
The bearing Part Number is 4411972.
You would also need to seals; Part Numbers 3632997 & 120395.
This all comes in a package for retail $133.00 plus installation.
The bearing must be pressed onto the shaft.

I also replaced the front and rear 02 sensors (Dealer Items). They
are expensive. It was $258.00 installed.

The truck runs better than new and smooth as silk.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan
drd892@aol.com