Stereo

From: Garret W Lewis (ladysmithgwl@juno.com)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 15:28:01 EDT

I have a 1997 Dakota with the Infinity sound system. I upgraded the
receiver to an aftermarket Dennon CD receiver.

I know that the Infinity system has an "outboad" amp. I asked the
retailer if hooking up an aftermarket reciever would have any effect on
the amp. They said no and to use the speaker level outputs. So, I did.

>From time to time I've notice the sound getting louder and softer, kind
of like moving "in and out". All of the speaker outputs are hooked up in
phase. I'm trying to do a little trouble shooting and determine if the
speaker levels have "toasted" the factory amp or if it is a problem with
the receiver I installed.

If anyone has had similar problems/experiences, I would appreciate input
on what you determined the problem was.

Garret
ladysmithgwl@juno.com
http://members.tripod.com/~garretl

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]