Re: Nitrous eXpress, Magnecor, AirAid, TransGo, and more.. (long)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 12:25:46 EDT

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 Kabuki2@aol.com wrote:
[...]
> Nitrous eXpress (www.nitrousexpress.com) - I finally have their dealer
> information packet, and they offer a fairly complete line of their own
> patented fuel injection nitrous systems. There are applications listed for
> just about everything, but here are the ones most of us would be interested
> in:
>
> Dodge EFI V-6 & 4 cyl (50-75hp) $501
> Dodge EFI (50-150hp) $501
> Dodge EFI RACE single nozzle (100-250HP) $571
> Dodge EFI FULL RACE dual nozzle (100-300HP) $650
> Dodge EFI DUAL STAGE (50-150hp each stage) $791
> Dodge Dakota V-8 (50-125hp) $615
>
> All these kits come with 14FT of line, and a 10 lb bottle. (The full race
> comes with a 15lb bottle.) These fuel injection kits are complete along with a
> HD 40 amp relay, and a WOT switch. I'll even throw in free UPS ground
> shipping.
>
> These prices listed are also the lowest I (or anyone else for that matter) can
> advertise w/o Nitrous eXpress refusing my business. This buy wouldn't be
> limited to just Dodge kits - I could also do any other application along with
> nozzle packs, jets, bottles, or accessories at the lowest price possible if
> anyone's intrested.

    Dang! Financially, I'm scrapin' the bottom of the barrel right now, otherwise
I'd jump on one of these right away. :-( Is this going to be a limited time thing,
or will you still be selling these 6 months to a year from now? (I need some time
to recharge my checkbook!) ;-) I definitely want a nitrous system, and I'm leaning
toward Nitrous Express, so this is perfect! :-)

   Did they send you any literature to give to customers? (Like, pictures
of the components, details on the setup, available accessories, etc.) They're a
new company, so any info I could get on them or their products would be great!

   One potential problem I have is that my ram-air would make an air can nozzle
install problematic, and also, I get the feeling that a plate system would give a
better distribution? (I was under the impression that most of Nitrous Express's
systems were plate based.) Do any of the above systems come as a plate, or can
they be built as a plate? (I was thinking along the lines of a plate with nitrous &
fuel in it, either through a bar, or using nozzles, on top of an MP Magnum single
plane "wet" intake manifold... When I do get the system, I'll need all the
goodies... A low fuel pressure shut-off, purge kit, fuel and nitrous pressure guages,
bottle warmer, remote bottle opener, etc. I'm not going to take any chances with
nitrous! :-)

 Thanks!

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.77@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |