Re: O2 Sensors?????(Kyle)

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 16:35:00 EDT

Kyle,

No, I was not getting a fault code for the O2 sensors. I have recently
suspected that one or both were not what they could be. Just small
little indications; Throttle response not quite what it was, a little rougher
idle, a small backfire a couple of times, slight drop in fuel milage and a
small drop in "seat of the pants" power. None of these symptoms were
serious and probably go unnoticed by most people. I went through the
normal items looking for a problem; Plugs, Cap & Rotor, Wires, Fuel Pressure,
ThrottleBody, etc. Found nothing wrong. Everything I checked did not
need replacing. Soooo, I coughed up the money for the O2 sensors.
Put them in yesterday afternoon. Drove the truck home last night, to work
this morning and home again. It's like I dropped a new engine in it.
Runs better than it ever did. I can't tell you why the sensors fixed it...
to complicated for me. I only know that it worked just fine.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan