Re: Gibson or Dynomax?

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 18:55:09 EDT

At 05:23 PM 10/6/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I have decided it is time to do the exhaust on my 97. I HAD made up my mind
>go with the Gibson dual 2.5 out. However, with all the talk lately of the
>Dynomax muffler l have to decide again (thanks guys and gals). Which one
does
>everyone suggest? I can get the Gibson system for 249 to my door, or l can
>have a local shop install the Dynomax dual out for 245 (flowmaster is the
same
>price). I want a deep rumble sound, but the muffler man said the Dynomax was
>a quieter muffler and sounded more like stock exhaust. What should l do? I
>would like to install or have it installed this weekend. Thanks for the
help.

>Russ
>97 CC 318 4X4

I think the exhaust shop guy got it backward.... The DynoMax on Tate's
truck sounded AWESOME!!! It had this deep rumble to it. He has an
UltraFlo(I think). I am getting one that is 3" and dual 2.5"'s out one of
these days.... The Gibson on Roderic's was deeper than stock, but it
didn't have the rumble like the DynoMax.

Just my opinion...

Brian