Intro ATTN: Mark Mullen

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 23:57:44 EDT

> HI,
> My name is Mark Mullen I currently own a
> 1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2WD with the MARK III package and a 318 with Automatic
> Trans.

Hey Mark, glad to see another Mark III owner on here! Man it must
kick ass to be able to drive on the Autobahn. First thing you need is
the MP SBEC (computer) it will give you more performance and also
remove the 115 speed limiter so you can really open it up over there.
 Next you need some Z-rated tires.... Take a look at my page
 http://web.wt.net/~mclark/html/dakota/ it will give you some ideas
 for some simple mods.

> The first thing I'm looking at is the 3.21 limited slip differential

I like the limited slip part (wish I had it) but I'd go for the taller
gears. I'd go with the 3.92's. Then again, with you being on the
Autobahn, maybe 3.21's would be better.... I think I'd still go with
the 3.92's. Anyone else have any input on this?

> Second I'm considering putting on the Headers and 3" exhaust all the way
> back, so once again any input would be appreciated.

I would suggest Doug Thorley headers, wich is what I have. These come
with a mandrel bent Y-pipe. I believe the cat inlet on your '94 is
less than 3 inches (2 3/4" or so can't remember), but the Thorleys
come with both a 3inch and a smaller flange. This is something you can
do yourself without welding equipment. IF you can get the old Y-pipe
removed. See my header installation page on this
http://web.wt.net/~mclark/html/dakota/thorley_installation.html just
don't let it scare you off! ;-) The headers will give you about 15
horsepower and 23 ft/lbs. of torque. I would also suggest you get
them coated by HPC http://www.hpcoatings.com That's what I had done
and it is great! You can see them at
http://web.wt.net/~mclark/headers

As far as mufflers go, I would think about a Dynomax race magnum. I
belive that's the one Tate Strickland has and it sounds GOOD! My
Flowmaster sounds great, but I have to say Tate's is just a tad better
sounding IMO anyway.... But you'll need a bolt on system, and I don't
know if Dynomax has a bolt on for the '94's.... Gibson has a bolt on I
know....

Anyway that should give you some things to think about. Any
questions, just ask away, that's what this list is for. Anyway,
welcome to the list, I think you will enjoy it.

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html