Re: Dak Stereos

From: McStyer@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 00:55:42 EDT

<< 2. Another option is to use a speaker enclosure of some type and put
 that in the back somewhere. This is an overall less convenient method as far
 as passengers are concerned. It's up to you.

Not always less convienent for the passengers. Bless the person who invented
the extended cab pickup. I love my CC Dak. Two of the top reasons I bought
it was so I could lean back and be more comfortable, and to be able to have 4
people seated (I babysit 8 year olds for a friend occasionally). I also like
to have a little thump to my music or really hear that low bass (that helps
quiet the 8 year olds :) )So I still wanted the seats when I put my system in.
It conceals the system at the same time so...

I took out the storage tray that are under the flip up seats in the bak of my
Dak, measured the exterior dimensions and built a box accordingly. I built a
divider in the middle, and mounted two 10"s firing up and ported it on the
forward facing side. I then layed a 1/2' sheet of this rubber stuff on the
floor and bolted it down, stuffed it with polyfill, and lo and behold the
system sounds pretty good. I can still flip up the seats to get the full
effects of the bass, though admittedly, some free-air type subs would sound a
lot better. I'm wanting to build a sealed box that would hold two eights or
tens facing forward angled slightly up. In my drawings I would raise the seat
height only by 6" (more leg room, really). All I'd have to do is take the
seats off of their brackets and bolt them directly to the box.

Sorry to ramble, I hope it helped a little

Mike S.
93 CC V6, Pioneer tape deck 40x4, (front)Pioneer Premier 6-1/2"s,
(rear)Pioneer Premier 5x7"s, Sherwood 250x2 watt amp, Pioneer 10"s