Re: The new guy

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 07:46:36 EDT

Yes, the fan was one of the easyest things I ever did. It was from Perma
cool. I ordered it and the adjustable thermostat from Jegs for $120
total. (thats $85 for the fan, $45 for the thermostat) The hardest part
was getting the old fan off, it had a real big nut holding it on, I think
it was a 1 and 1/4 inch nut, so I had to find a box end that large. Well,
after it was out of the way, I installed it inside the shroud. I never
had to take the shroud off, just loosen the a/c radiator, mounted in front
of the other radiator, in order to tighten down the things that hold it
on. I cant explain it well but it works like a zip tie basically. It is
easy to do the electronics and then you just have to play with the
thermostat until you get it to only come on when it gets to 190 or so, if
you have a 180 deg thermostat. In this summer heat, going from here in MD
to my home in NC, it never saw temperatures higher than 195, even in stop
and go traffic. On the road, it cooled right off to 180. I 1/4 miled it
before and after, with the same weather conditions and I dropped .2 in the
quarter. Advertised flow was 2950 cfm for it and 2500 for the 18 incher,
thats why I got the 16 inch.

Ok, so that was long winded.... Later

Bill
'97 SS/T