RE: Chrystler Recall

From: Jodi Lewis (JLewis@sharetech.com)
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 11:47:14 EDT

Here's one recall for the Ram owners in the crowd:

Chrysler Corporation

Models:
  Dodge Ram Truck
                            Years: 1998

Number Involved: 8,144
Dates of Manufacture: August 1997 - February 1998
NHTSA Recall No.: 98V182
Vehicle Description:
Description of Defect: Light duty trucks equipped with either a
8.0-liter V-10 engine or a 5.9-liter V-8 heavy duty gasoline
engine. An exhaust system heat shield attaching screw is too close to
the underbody fuel line. The line can rub against the
screw, possibly causing fuel leakage. In the presence of an ignition
source, fuel leakage can result in a fire.
Remedy: Dealers will remove the underbody heat shield attaching screw
and replace it with rubber adhesive. The chassis fuel
line will be inspected for signs of wear and any tubes indicating wear
will be replaced.
Owner Notification: Owner notification began Aug. 17, 1998. Owners who
do not receive the free remedy within a
reasonable time should contact Chrysler at 1-800-992-1997.