Re: RE: Re: 115

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 16:24:14 EDT

At 02:20 PM 10/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 09:15 AM 10/7/98 , you wrote:
>
>>Brian is from out
>>west in San Angelo and I'll bet he, or any other member from Texas,
>>can verify my description. LOTS of well maintained, relatively flat,
>>relatively straight road here.
>
>Like we say here in Texas, "If you wanna watch the world go by, just slow
>down to 70."

Uh...yeah...Especially in West Texas. Crest a hill, see miles of straight
flat road ahead with no one around...Max out speedo...(with MP computer of
course)....

Yup, straight, flat, well maintained roads for miles surrounding my town.
That's why most street racing goes on OUTSIDE of town. The roads aren't
frequented by police. There is even a place 1 mile out of town that isn't
frequented by cops. Must of the racing happens here. I think that they
don't go out there(I am sure they know about it) because no one would be
injured but those in the car. As long as innnocent citizens aren't in
danger. When I first started to drive, I was out there a lot screwing
around, but it's not all that big deal to have flat out running space
anymore, I guess.

My dad works at the Goodyear Proving Grounds. I flew by there in the
Volare one day (couple years ago...)at about 130... Speedo goes to 85, but
it's got an Autometer tach, and that's what I calculated the speed with.
Anyhow, I guess my dad saw me, or heard about it from a coworker, cause he
wasn't very happy that night. Something about me plastering myself across
hell's half acre some day... He can't say too much, though....Stories of
empty diesel pusher tour buses being driven back from a Florida test at
around 115mph come to mind...=)

Brian