Re: Clunking Sound

From: RLewis7785@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 12:25:47 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/98 9:19:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
langcj@clarkson.edu writes:

<< Everytime i hit the gas hard in my truck there is a clunking sound comming
 from somewhere in the driveline. Its been doing this for awhile it happens
 from a complete stop and also when i'm going 75 on the highway and hit the
 gas clunk...then go. Anyone have any idea what it could be? I never really
 thought about it until the other day when my friend asked me what was doing
 that.....

 Thanks,

 Chris >>

My 92 2x2 has the same clunk. If ya get off then on the gas "Clunk". It has
always done it. I worry about it, but have not found the culprit and it
hasn't broken yet (clunk on wood).

I've jerked the drive shaft (Ha! Ha!) around and all the u-joints seem tight.
Two of the three factory joints have grease fittings and I lube em once in a
while.

Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Auto.