Re: [Fwd: Clarify Fan]

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 08:41:50 EDT

At 03:37 PM 10/8/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>To start with, I need to say that it's a Dakota I'm working on. From
>there the fans are from Flexalite, the model is a bit confusing, the box
>says in bold letters "M210/220" and below that in smaller text it says
>"230/240pusher", and they are from Summit.Price was about 230.00 They
>are wired to the 12v access under the hood where the fuse panel is
>located and they continue to run after shut down, until the adjustable
>cut off point has been reached.The fans are mounted side by side in
>their shroud.The hook-up was per instructions except I didn't hook up
>the A/C relay as the thermostat is comeing on at about 160 anyway, and
>I'm not real sure about the wireing (the instructions are vague at
>best). Alan.

Alan -

I had the same fan on my 78 Magnum GT with a 360 Police motor .

The reason for the other part number is that when the blades are reversed ,
it becomes a pusher . The fan is easy to wire up . If you are using the
adjustable thermostat , the sensor has to be slipped under the end of the
upper radiator hose . you then wire the power and groud up to the solenoid
and also make sure that if you have a/c , that you have the in-line wire
for that . On mine , it fit just right and allows the fan to come on
whenever the a/c is on , whether it is hot or not . You need to have air
moving across the a/c thingy whenever the a/c is on .
Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net