Re: Re: turbo 5-speed Caravan

From: bgbeaird@neosoft.com
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 20:57:23 EDT

Sorry it has taken me so long to answer this. My new assignment has me
working long (and unfamiliar) hours.

Yes, it is the same as you would buy in a pet store. Just get one that
fits the air hose for the wastegate. Cut the hose, and insert the valve.
 You can adjust the boost by adjusting the amount the valve is open (and
thus, the amount of pressure leak you have in that hose). The more the
leak, the more boost is necessary to get the valve to open. Be careful
if you don't have an intercooler, as a little boost will GREATLY increase
the temp of the incoming charge, and also quickly increase the chances
for ping, a turbo motor's arch enemy.

I did this little mod on a '84 SVO I had, and turned that little tire
chirper into a tire smoking V-8 killer, all for less than $5.00. :-)

Gene Beaird
98 Flame Red CC R/T