Re: Whining tranny

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sat Oct 10 1998 - 08:38:03 EDT

Is this truk a 4x4??

I had the same sound on my 92 V8 4x4.....it ended up need a major overhaul
(under warranty)...TWICE.

At 08:09 PM 10/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I have about 15K miles on my truck now and have just started noticing a
>whine, it sounds like it is coming from the tranny or driveshaft. It
>occurs at 65 MPH and up, it only happens while going constant speeds. If
>I accelerate or decelerate, it goes away. I know you're going to say
>take it to the dealer, but it really is a big pain in the ass to do
>that. Anyway, if anyone else has had this problem please let me know so
>I can tell the service advisor and save a lot of trouble. Thanks
>
>Erich 98 v8, 5spd., 3.55, suregrip
>
>Ps The sound is kinda like when you use power saw to cut a board, you
>know, that high pitched sound

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!