Re: Dak Grief

From: John (kemkerj@xyzzy.net)
Date: Sun Oct 11 1998 - 09:03:38 EDT

No injuries, other than a minor bloody nose which cleared up very
quickly.

I was going through the intersection on a green light when the other
driver went through a red light coming from my left. I actually
"struck" his vehicle with the left front of my Dak. His speed and
the impact spun my Dak around almost 180 degrees. The battery broke
(you could smell the acid leaking on the ground) and all electrical
went South for the winter. The bed was bent on the driver's side,
right behind the door. The driver's side door opened fine, but the
passenger door wouldn't open.

If this had been my little Mazda 323 riceburner, I probably wouldn't
be writing this message. The good Lord was watching over me and used
my Dak as part of His protection plan for me. I'm also glad I didn't
have the wife and children in the Dak at the time. That, too, was
probably according to His plan.

It looks repairable. I'll know better Monday when Marty takes a look
at it. He'll take good care of my baby, I'm sure. [grin]

--John K.