Re: wax and oil

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@SWBell.net)
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 00:17:37 EDT

Brian Fitchett wrote:

> Two questions for you guys:
> For those of you with black Daks, or any other color, what brand of wax do you use? and What is the best kind of motor oil to use in the V6 conventional or synthetic, what weight?
>
> -B-
>
> --Black 98 CC V6--

Oh, no! Not the wax and oil questions!!! Seriously, I recommend a good
carnuba paste wax(the kind in the can, not the liquid in a bottle), it
generally lasts longer and doesn't have petroleum in it like liquids do.
I use Mothers, myself. The oil is a tuff one, I use synthetics in my
Dak, the weight depends on what kind of driving you do, and in what
weather. Generally the hotter the weather and the more straining your
driving style you need to use a heavier oil. I am sure that there about
a million different responses that people will give you on both of these
questions, but I like mine best :).

Erich

PS Anyone ever figured out how to keep those damn scratches out of the
clearcoat that you get from just washing it? damn scratches!