RE:Fault Code 32 HELP! UGH!!!!! YES!!!!

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 19:49:23 EDT

Well I checked and the valve is andealer only part......so I called around and
found it for $55, this inlcuded the valve and the vacuum transducer. I bought
one and as I was taking it off of my Dakota, I noticed that they werent the
same....mine had a little 2 prong hookup on it and the one he gave me didnt.
So its back to the dealership with the bad EGR valve cause the parts guy didnt
believe me that it didnt fit. Well it turned out that it was wrong in 5 of the
6 local Dodge dealer's parts computer!!!! They said that the one I need was
listed only for a 94 and not for my 93. Well the dealership I was at had to
order it so I went back to my girlfriends house and called some dealerships,
finally I found it and thye had one left! YES!!!! BUT GUESS WHAT, since mine
needs the electrical hookup.....$87!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!! Well the parts guy
was really cool and gave me $10 off after I told him all that I have been
through...I cleaned the port up and put it in and I must say WOW I should have
done this along time ago, I now have the acceleration and throttle resonse I
had at 25,000 miles, mine now at 95,000........now my next
question.........how do I go about resetting the computer to erase the EGR
fault code?????? BTW, the old valve was very gummed up and nasty, and of the 2
prongs that were supposed to be there, there was only 1!! other was broke off,
or corroded off!!!
THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED ME WITH THIS!!!!
Kyle