Re: RE: short throw shifters

From: rking@jjsnack.com
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 13:57:05 EDT

     Let's face it. Chebbys ( all GM) and Ferds are THE recognized
     manufacturers in this here good old US of A. They are ubiquitous. I
     talk to people who drive them and ask "why?". The answer: "They
     don't know why" They only know that it's the car that pop and grandpop
     used to buy and for them that was good enough. It makes it easy...no
     brain process involved. Just go out and buy another one when the last
     one wears out. Luckily, many of us we came hard-wired with the
     enlighted viewpoint that there are other options beside the above
     mentioned. Some have converted as well. But there is always a large
     chunk of the consumer public who just goes out and buys what dad has
     always bought. That is why the GM. small block is the most
     ubiquitous engine on the planet, which is why all aftermarket mfg
     target their products for the 350 and the 289/302 first and Mopar
     comes "when they get around to it" or "if there is enough interest"

     So keep bugging these guys; maybe they will come around.

                        Rob