Towing/Overdrive

From: whiskyjack@iname.com
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 13:08:32 EDT

leaving the Dak in O/D will bother the tranny? As I said, I did and the Dak
didn't seem to mind it at all (no weird sounds or engine struggling sound
either). When I turned onto the surface streets and headed towards the hills
that our house is on, I kicked the O/D off which seemed to work fine since I
never exceeded 50 mph (it flew right up the hillside at 50 towing this 1000lb
trailer and 300lbs in the bed).
   I don't want to damage the O/D gear, but I don't think these waverunners
are that much of a load for the truck on flatter terrain. Am I nuts for doing
this?

Shaun H.

Shaun

Towing 1,300 lbs is a breeze for your Dak. Depending upon options, they can tow up to 6,900 lbs. I certainly wouldn't worry about OD on the flat, but would be tempted to dis-engage it while climbing in the mountains if it is shifting in/out repeatedly. This is explained in your owner's manual.

WJ
97 SLT Clubcab 4x4 V8