Why No R/T's was Dakota R/T 4 sale

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northc.com)
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 13:14:18 EDT

>>Why is it that there are Dealers getting 5 and 6 R/T's while others
can't
>>get one?
>
>Find the guy who owns the dealership and check the end of his nose.

He he he. I like that.

But realistically... When I bought my '97 my Credit Union was able to
negotiate my price. I had to drive about 25 miles from my house to pick
up the truck. I asked the sales manager how he could let the truck go
for 'so little'. His answer, and I quote:
        The more Dakotas I sell this year the more Durangos I'll get
next year.

He said this and shoved the durango promo under my wide eyes. Chryslers
philosophy probably goes the same way with the R/T's. Those that sell
the most last year will get the goodies 'cuz they can move 'em.

-travis
Of course the difference between a kiss ass and brown nose is depth
perception.
'97 CC 4WD 5spd Sport+ w/54k miles, time for new rubber
'92 Plymouth Laser AWD Turbo 5Spd