Re: Re[2]: Gtech

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 21:18:17 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/98 9:46:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
fawcett@uism.bu.edu writes:

<< Hmmmmmmmm... Now I'm intrigued! I used to delete all these Gtech posts
until I
 read this one (I thought it was a static test or computer program)... How
does
 it work? If you gotta' hide to use it, it must mean that you gotta' really
open
 her up to get a reading, no? Hmmmmmm... *again*, I'm interested. How much,
 where do I get one and, again, how does it work? >>

http://www.gtechpro.com/faq.html

Check that out, has a lot of info. You can also buy it from that site, thats
where I got mine. It looks like a radar detector and stick to the windshield.
You can set it up for 0-60, 1/4 mile, rear wheel HP and more. You have to
stop, level it up by tipping up or down until iut reads all 0's then hit the
button and when your ready floor it. It has been proven very accurate when
used properly. The problem here is I'm most interested in the 1/4 mile info
and there aren't too many areas around here where I dare run 95 mph or faster
:-) And you should make several runs (3 or 4) for each test and the throw out
the worst and average the rest. It is a very accurate and useful way to check
out any changes. I'm sure I be using it during the off season of the drag
strip to check out my tinkering. Oh they retail for 139.95 and with the
shipping and handling was around 150 but there was a group purchase on the DML
so if interested ask around and see if there is still something available.

Bill