Re: Re: Dear smart (?) hiney -Reply

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 14:05:39 EDT

>> One must understand, words take on a different meaning once they are typed.
>> There is no emphasis on vowels and enunciation is lost. Things can be
and are
>> taken out of context. So if you type something critical, constructive or
not,
>> be sure that the person(s) know exactly what you mean!

I have been guilty of this on more than one occasion . I mean to say one
thing , but it is interpreted in a different way . I am kinda sarcastic
alot of the time , so there have been a few times that people (both on the
DML and elsewhere) that have misunderstood me and thought that I was being
an asshole when I really wasn't . I know that Frank misunderstood me a
couple of times , but I realize that that's all it was . I think this is a
good point to bring up , Boog .

I myself will try harder to remember that the other person(s) may not be
privy to what I am trying to get across .

Subtlties are hard to understand in e-mail , or anywhere else where you
aren't actually talking to someone .

  If one can not conduct
>> their behavior in a constructive manner, than either take it to personal e-
>> mail or dont say it at all.
>>
>> One vented Booger!....dammit!

I can agree with this statement as well . However , there have been more
than a few times where just about everyone on this list (or at least it
seems) , including me have sent a response that reads "HAHAHAHAHAHA" .

I do not like flame wars and the like being exchanged on the list though .
Those I think *should* be done thru private e-mail .

Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net