Puddles (was wheel flares)

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 14:17:49 EDT

   Well, I'm amazed. I guess our streets shuffle off water better than yours.
 Most water I run across is runoff from sprinklers or maybe a little 1"
trickle across a street intersection. I did run the truck through about 4" of
muddy water (broken fire hydrant in an empt lot) and the truck was clean on
the other side. I was only doing about 20-30 mph through it but it threw the
water out to the sides of the truck, not over it. You must have some
interesting puddles back there in MA. Or maybe it is those big tires...
   I did notice that the two guys who mentioned the flares didn't work, both
loved running through puddles, I wonder if there's a connection there? Hmmmm.
 ^_^
   All I know is that prior to the flares the T&H package used to throw water
all the way up the side of my truck and even on to the top of the shell from
the front tires. Now I don't have that problem. I figure I'll save the cost
of the flares in just washing the truck alone.

Shaun H.
"Official Poster-boy of the Puddle avoidance committee, unless the truck needs
washing anyway, then CAWABUNGA!"