Re: Thermostats & Upper Rad Hose

From: Ryan Krokosinski (eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 16:17:49 EDT

I'll be changing my thermostat and my upper rad hose this weekend. I'm
just wondering if anyone could help me with some queries. I have a '99
R/T and I need to know if putting in a 160 deg. thermostat will hurt
anything. I've noticed that everyone else has put 180's in....how
come? Why not a 160? Also, while I'm at it I'll be installing an
aftermarket upper rad hose. I put in a rad hose from a Cherokee to
clear my air box but I think the stainless hose would give more
clearance as well as look "Stylin'". Anyways, does anybody know what
the outside diameter measurements of the thermostat housing and the rad
inlet fittings are. I've called the Dodge parts guys in my area and
they don't have any idea. That's SAD!!!
Thanks to whoever responds.

Ryan K.