Friday night Phoenix Drags

From: the bobster (charger69rt@inficad.com)
Date: Sat Oct 17 1998 - 14:45:31 EDT

Hello list
hello list
hi list (The chew lines)

Friday night drags.

New world record for our Dakota...15.528/88.496mph.

Its one of them real Dakotas that can haul 5-people
and a box full of junk needed to install a college kid
every year. Next year two college kids(Ram upgrade needed?)

Our baseline from last june was 16.766/82.452

The truck is a 1992 V8LECC 4X2(anti-wood disclaimer) Auto/3.55open
JBA headers(I think the best for the price)...(the best would be the
mopar/thorley)......... /dynomax cat-back from Summit($89.00) Mopar
Hi-Po computer/Mopar pulley kit/Mopar shift kit(turbo action)/
255/60-15 tires /Leer shell and the really crappey blue paint that
is going to hell.

The 15.528 came on a 15.600 dial against a Buick Grand National running
on a 12.02 dial.......he ran 12.01..his breakout was 0.010 ours was
0.072
so we were gone.

We were the second fastest Dakota at the strip.

The Yancer PRO-truck Dakota that is susposed to be the first ground-up
truck chassis was test and tuning. He was running low 8's headed for the
7's.

There was another 92V8LECC that was a twin to our truck running 16.16's.
Never was able to hook up with the driver ...his paint is also going to
crap.

Throttle body mods probably next mod. More gear would be good.

We changed the entire rear housing out last spring after the
differential case failed(spider gear shaft). The lock bolt apparently
broke letting the shaft muck about destroying things. Very few clues
offered before this happened.

At the time we needed the Dakota for day to day transportation.

If I would have had more time I would have upgraded to a 9 1/4 from a
later model or hunted down a Dana with about a 4.10 ratio.

If your truck has an auto with OD ,a ratio of 3.92/4.10 still gives a
final of
about a 2.87...the old standard was around a 3.23 even when the speed
limits
were higher than now.

all for now

rob