Re: mad spankage -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 18 1998 - 21:48:11 EDT

Amen brother! I think the SUV community needs more spankage. I see a
lot of em' (pre-emptive apology to Durango/SUV owners on list) are just
plain cocky and wanna' show that lunk in the Dakota (me) a thing or two
about drivin'. I don't know why people think that paying 30k for a truck is
gonna' make it any faster. A 3.5 ton S-10 with a couple of rows of seats
is NOT as fast as a regular S-10 with the same engine. Sorry Mrs.
SoccerMom, but your clunky, heavy 4WD station wagon will not out
accelerate my 2.5 ton Dak!
end rant>>

-mike d.

>>> RMerullo <merullo@ix.netcom.com> 10/16/98 02:21pm >>>
I commend you on a job well done.

I think that a v6 truck is the greatest vehicle on the road with which to
put obnoxious moronic fast-driver-wannabe's in their place.

If you had a Viper, you would have nothing to write about at all having
spanked those two; the beauty of it is in the 'weapon' used.

I often encounter people on the road weaving, cutting me and everyone
else
off, and taking a long series of unnecessary, useless risks to gain a
fleeting car length. More often than not, it is a Mushstink or Camaro
driven this way, a fair amount of little Honda and Mazda ricerockets, and
an
assortment of SUV's (sadly, including disproportionate number of our
cousins, the Durangos) in the mix. I find that, when these people are on
the highway with me, or even traveling with me for a relatively long way
on
the street, I tend to get and stay ahead of them, or outright 'spank' them
at lights. This is no big deal, of course, but kind of funny and satisfying
when one considers what I'm driving most of the time - my v6 Dakota.
With
just a little sensible judgement, drivers of all those vehicles (except many
of the SUV's) should beat beat me in mine in a race, as they surely
would on
any kind of track, one-on-one, simply because my truck is a truck,
designed
to carry loads rather than perform in terms of speed.

*The above does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement of
street
racing.

Ryan Merullo
1993 Dakota Sport