Re: Exhaust for v6 -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 18 1998 - 21:57:41 EDT

Cory,
I also have headers on my 88=27. I got the Edelbrock ones from Summitracing=
 (www.summitracing.com) I also have a higflow cat, but it=27s a bunch of =
crap. It=27s a summit generic one and it=27s already shot after less than =
40k miles. I have a Flowmaster 3=22 in and dual 2.25=22 out. I like it. =
The Edelbrock Headers are shorties, so you keep the stock Y-pipe. Hope =
this helps=21 Welcome to the list...

-mike d. ooV6

>>> Walter_Felix <Walter_Felix=40email.msn.com> 10/16/98 06:25pm >>>
Cory,
    I have a set of pacesetter headers with 2*=22 pipe bolted to each =
side.
Where both sides of the y-pipe meet it necks up to a 3=22 pipe , then =
flows
through a 3=22 high flow cat and into a 3 chamber flowmaster with 2 2*=22
outlets straight out the back of the truck. It sounds like a V8 and the
loss of backpressuse/low end torque is minimal. If I were to do it over,
the only change I would make would be to use a Gibson (provided I could =
find
one with a 3=22 inlet and 2 2*=22 outlets. The Gibson has a slightly =
deeper
tone than the flowmaster and I think sounds better overall.

Walter_Felix=40MSN.COM
88*=27 Dakota Sport 4x4
WWW.GeoCities.Com/MotorCity/Downs/9219