RE: RE: Power gains, a package...was:Jules...Gone...I think

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 16:41:19 EDT

DML,
While playing with my R/T, my first computer controlled driveline vehicle, I
can say that single mods, like headers only are not the answer to
performance gains in their own right. Since I started taking my truck to
the track Ive been able to reduce my ETs by almost a second with minimal
mods, mainly due to the DML. But no single mod got me there, and the
combination of mods I have still needs to be adjusted. Look at Mopar's R/T
engine mod package for the 92-96 magnums. You get 50HP, but you need
headers, cam, air cleaner, computer and etc. to get it! Thats a lot of
stuff for a noticeable gain. A 10-15 HP gain (like every one claims for
their particular component) isnt easy to feel on the butt dyno. If you were
to plop a Magnum perf TB on a stock 318/360 with no other mods, I can easily
see you loosing a butt dynoed 10HP. Dont do it! Id hope Jules would assist
the potential buyer with a package of components specifically tailored for
the end users needs and equipment. If hes not...
Frank hasnt offered up the big TBs yet since we havnt got any significant
gains from them at the track. Hes still experimenting with a combination of
goodies (yes that means more $$) to make it work and keep the air fuel
mixture in the right "zone". How fast do you want to go? always needs to be
followed with How fast do you want to spend?
BKB 15.2 @ $760.00
(about $1270.00/ for the first second I'd say, the second seconds gonna be
more...)