RE: Aftermarket ignitions

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 19:25:56 EDT

Corey,
I use MSD 6ALs on most of my cars and have gotten very little "noticeable"
gains from them other than easier cold starting in some cases and no more
points to adjust. I use them since most of my cars are points vehicles
and need electronic ignition upgrades anyhow. I have never had a failure.
With that said, I am very happy with the stock ignition on my 98 R/T. My
.02 is to keep the stock ignition (I race my truck too) and move on to less
expensive more rewarding mods. If I ever notice a high end miss, I'll
change my plugs. This does not apply to blower applications! If you are
going to get a blower, I have heard (and seen) that the Crane systems are
the ones to use!
BKB