Re: The Good News about MPG.

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northc.com)
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 09:06:57 EDT

At 07:42 PM 10/19/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Just to short-circuit any objections, I don't care if the MPG thread
goes
>around weekly! IMO these great rigs should be capable of much better
>economy when your easy on the throttle.
>
>Now, instead of bragging about high MPG, as usually happens, why don't
the
>"high MPG" guys say what size engine and any mods you've done that
might
>contribute to your great numbers??? As you may know by now, I'd really

>like to solve my MPG wows. My stats are as follows:
>
>'98 318 V8 CC 4x4 Auto 3.55 gears... Best(highway): 14.93 MPG, Worst:
9.29
>MPG, Average after 7,311 miles: 12.22 MPG. Engine mods: 180 Stat, FABM

>10", JBA Headers.

Hmmm. No whining about MPG here (yeah RIGHT!)

I've actually gotten ABOVE 20MPG.
WORST CASE: ~9MPG (off roading - city driving my butt!)
BEST CASE: ~21 MPG (toolin' down the hiway)

I keep all my fuel purchases in a log book (damn military training)
but I haven't done up a spread sheet in a while. I'll do that tonight
in between hanging curtains and such (new apartment).

'97 318 V8 CC 4x4 5spd (dammit can't remember the gear ratio)
Sport+ Pkg
31x10.5 tires
HD towing
HD Elect
Manual locks/windows A/C
Infinity Spkr System
ONLY MODS: CB Radio, Pioneer CD, HandOutTheWindow (removable mod ;)
No carriage bolt mods

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know, don't be a wuss and do something to the truck
(said as I'm ducking flying carriage bolts).

-Travis
with 55k miles