98 problems

From: Leonard Zuniga (l_zuniga@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 17:39:50 EDT

Hopefully somebody can help with this one. I have an 98 Dak 3.9 with
Gibson cat back, Magnecores, brass cap and rotor,Msd 6a w/coil,FABM and
Jet chip stage II. Today it started running real rough(surging) check
engine light came on. As soon as I got to where I was going I
disconnected battery and reseated chip,problem seemed to go away. Get in
truck to go home and check engine light comes on but doesnt seem to be
running rough. Get home remove chip and problem gone. Call Jet they say
biggest problem is chips arent fully seated so I go back out and reseat
chip and harness. Seems ok. Has anyone had this problem with jet chip?
Also how do you retrieve codes from 98 Dak? Thanks in advance.

Later
Leonard