Re: I Hate Street Scene

From: Gary Pinkley (gapinkley@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 21:36:07 EDT

I also installed the street scene hidden hitch and roll pan. The hitch went
on great, tows great.
I threw away the factory hardware and used a zillion small stainless steel
bolts w/ washers to attach, since the fiberglass
was a little thin on the mounting flange. The factory harware (all seven
screws) were so cheap, that when I tried to screw
them in, the heads snapped off. I also used 1/4" rubber weather stripping
to fill in the gaps left by the pan's problem of
being too short. The weatherstripping spaced the pan correctly and gives it
a very nice 'finished' look. To prevent degradation
of the fiberglass, I also undercoated the unpainted backside. All in all,
the streetscene stuff appears to be a little on the cheap
side as far as construction in concerned.

Gary Pinkley
97 Reg Cab V-6 5 spd
lowered monochrome red
255/50-17 BFG Comp T/A ZR4