Re: Need help with brakes PLEASE -Reply

From: whiskyjack@iname.com
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 00:45:39 EDT

I haven't got the tow package, just pulling off the bumper. I wish I knew
exactly what weight that trailer was, but even if it was under 6900, it just
didn't feel safe.
<snip>

The trailer didn't have brakes either, if that's what you're talking about Is the RWABS supposed to make noises when it is functioning, like on
cars with all wheel ABS?
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, I'll keep ya'll updated.

Mike S.
1993 V6 5-speed CC

Mike:

You can tow 2,000 lbs. using the bumper hitch and 1/2 the weight of your truck without trailer brakes. If I remember your original post, I suspect you were somewhat overloaded. You can pile lots of firewood on a 20 foot trailer ... did you load up the truck too?
I can understand why you were concerned about stopping.

RWABS makes noises when it functions ... it's almost like a clunk when the valve releases, at least on my 97. The ABS system may be different on other years.