RE: Re[2]: RE: Re: Re: Gear Jammers

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 10:53:43 EDT

Thanks for the reply.
Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: rking@jjsnack.com [mailto:rking@jjsnack.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 1998 9:23 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re[2]: DML: RE: Re: Re: Gear Jammers

     Like I said, look at the Richmond Gear Boxes (you'll find them in the
     Summit catalog) These are supposed to mate up to Chrysler 18-spline
     shaft. The gear box has the complcated stuff like synchros etc. that
     tend to get eaten up over time if the unit is cheap or poorly made.
     Another brand that I have heard good things about in the past is a
     company call Doug Nash transmissions. They used to make a nice
     aftermarket trans that was considered "bulletproof", but I don't know
     if they're still in business. It would take some digging to find out.

                        Rob