91 318 w/TBI

From: JHambleton@diabloresearch.com
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 12:03:02 EDT

DML List,

        I was working on Weldon's very nice 91 CC last nite trying to help
with a recent down turn in mileage. I have traced it down to three
possibles: O2 sensor, temp sensor, or TBI. While at idle, looking down the
TBI the plates were VERY wet. I could not get it to idle under 800 in Drive.
Weldon had just driven it about 20 miles so it was definitely warmed up.
When I checked the cat it wasn't excessively hot (not plugged). Idle was
smooth, although we probably should throw a cap, rotor, and wires on it.
        Is there a TBI rebuild kit?
        I just don't want to start replacing things without some
verification.

Thanks,
        JonH