Re: Cut outs

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 14:38:36 EDT

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 JHambleton@diabloresearch.com wrote:

> DML List,
>
> In many states cut outs are illegal and will result in fines and
> vehicle registration problems. On the SDML it has been discussed ad nauseum
> and the consensus is get one fabricated that is not remote controlled.

  I forgot to mention when I replied to Chad's message before that
Jegs has an exhaust cut out that will fit larger pipes (up to 3", I
think.) Its not remotely operated though, there are three butterfly
nuts that you remove to uncap it. I think its set up to be installed
as either a slip fit or a weld-on, whatever you want. The major
drawback is the price; they want about 40 bucks for 'em. :-(

                                              -Jon-