re: Adding inches to road clearance

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 15:37:02 EDT

>Just bought a 97 Dak v-8 4x4 5 speed and love it. I have to admit I'm
>real beginner with off road stuff but want to take to the
>hills/deserts since I live in Utah. I would like to add two to four
>additional inches to axle clearance. Is it just a case of bigger
>tires? I hear about lift kits. I know these don'd add axle clearance
>but they do prevent high centering. What are these and what exactly
>do they do, and how difficult are they to install? Would like your
>expert advice. Thanks! Goss.

Hey Goss,

Jason and I will be in Salt Lake from Dec. 18 - Jan. 3rd. But Dec. 28 - 30
we'll be in Vegas for our belated honeymoon. Yes, yes, I know.....
Honeymoon in Vegas - sounds like a movie? Unfortunately, we'll be without
our 4x4 Dak's.

What part of Utah do you live in? Utah has some pretty amazing offroad
trails. Jason would be considered a crazy off-roader when I think back on
some of the trails he took me on. He likes to park on edges of steep cliffs
to see how far we can go. My heart is usually in my ears at this point, but
it sure is fun. If you go to Jason's profile, there are some pictures of
his Dak posted there that I took down near Moab. Ever drive this trail?
I'm a real beginner as well, but learning.

If you want some interesting spots in Utah to go off-roading, Jason could
probably tell you where they all are, if you don't already know.

Take care,

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd