Re: Brighter High Beams -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 16:55:18 EDT

This is how I got brighter headlights:
88-90 guys- Call Susquehanna Motorpsorts, or hit my page
(www.geocities.com/motorcity/pit/1133) and go to the links section. They
carry and E-code conversion kit that will convert your sealed beams into
H4 housings so you can use H4 bulbs. Then order the Xenon Charged
bulbs from him and install. Chaching! You are now the proud owner of
some bright ass headlights. I've got em' and they are awesome! Light
everywhere, not just in two beams like the old lights. Worth every penny.
all of about 120 bones. Don't try to save money and get cheaper ones. I
tried it and got a shitty product that didn't fit.
Non-sealed beam guys- Get some overwatt bulbs and a 15 amp fuse for
em'. Easy fix! =)

hope this helps!

-mike d. ooV6

>>> <fawcett@uism.bu.edu> 10/19/98 09:59pm >>>
<<I want brighter High Beams. What can be done to achieve this?>>

Dunno, waiting for an answer from others.

<<Also, can anyone give me the part number for the brighter back up
halogens?>>

Yep. From JC Whitney (you can order these on-line): MFG P/N: DTI
20107 JC
Whitney Cat. #: 12zx4358u Desc.: 50 Watt Halogen Back Up Bulbs...
Cost: $9.95
This is for a '98 Dak.

<<Anyone know any deer deterents for vehicles that work?>>

Yep. Remington BDL in 30.06 springfield. Put it in the rack over the rear
window and you will never see a deer again!

T.