Re: Need a "special" tbi

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.com)
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 00:58:21 EDT

----------
> From: Holloway,Frank T <Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG>
> Brad,
> The part number is on the throttle body base, to the right of the MAP
> sensor. The MAP sensor is on the front of the Throttle Body. The last 8
> digits are the numbers we are interested in. The Throttle Body (53031120)
> fits Daks (94 & 95) and Rams (94 & 95). Let us
> know......

hey... tbi-ers

forget all the cryptic ohh's and ahhh's (part numbers) ... gee is it real?
or gee is it memorex...? is that a dodge? or a ford...? maybe a chev?...
what year? gee... can't read THAT number set stamping...! whats' my part
number for the bone yard fit?

ALL v8s look the same... THEY AREN'T! No need to get into suttle dif... i
never ever even found a Dodge dealership parts guy that knew the diff...
down in the small-details dept... much less at the MACRO-level!

ALL V8s tbis use holley #11 blades... flip it over and there it is... #11

so... if:

a) you got a v8 with NO black cable rest on the bell crank... IT IS A 92/93
ONLY!

b) you got a v8 with a black crescent shaped cable rest on the bellcrank...
IT IS A 94/95 ONLY!

c) you got a v8 with a black crescent shaped cable rest on the bellcrank
THAT IS only the size of your little "pinkies" fingernal +/-... IT IS A 96
- 99 V8 tbi... with this exception...

d) 96 tps is dif from 97-99. 92-96 tps switch is ALL the same... changed
in 97 and continues thru 99!! 96-99 bodies are "mismo!"

e) the CC parts computer shows dif part #'s 'cause they come w/electrics...
so 96 V8 is a part # all by itself and 97-99 is the same...
now... all 96-up V8 tbi bodies fit ALL 92-99 manifolds...

and ALL magnum v8s will run fine on all v8 tbis sans the bellcrank issue..
but since you are changing the shafts you can run any 92-99 v8 tbi on any
92-99 manifold and so long as bellcrank is correct for year model you can
drive it, too.

DON'T put 92/93 shaft diam specs on 94 up tbis as it is not correct enough
due to design change...

AND visa versa 94 up won't work for 92/93. NO ymm (not) v

and... that even includes those tbi bodies with diff vacuum porting
points....

why... that's 'cause i know all about the MAP's too... :)

don't beleive me man!... i only do dodge magnums and i do them by the
hundreds!!)

now... do you want to get into the 3.9s and all that info....?... too?

shall we throw in the voltage variances for the sbec from pre obdII and
post obdII? tps and ais?

wanna do ais step levels relative to tps voltage output for best throttle
response...?

how about the ais changes... shall we thread them, too?... or will we be
contradictory there too.... "well, jules said... but i'm not too sure!"

do you want to throw in all the info on the 8.0s for comparisons, too. can
we mix and match, any gains here... who wants to run 8.0 guts in their 92
v8 tbi from a 99 8.0?

shall we get into what years sbecs can be swapped for mopar upgrades and
get max perf. over aftermarkets we are running out to buy in volume...?

anybody want to start a thread on what years the MAP changed and what the
changes were and what maintenace on the MAP is very important?... any
driveability problems out there in happy dml-dakota land?

what about the mpi open plenum manifold... shall we get into what year tbis
work best and why... where to put the ACT, sbec h20, panel h20, etc for
best performance...?

and was anybody out there interested in where the column of air passing
thru the tbi at .100, .250., .500 and .650 valve lift encounters the most
and least pressure changes based upon what mods have been done?

and... maybe we should get into what mods... shape, metal removal,
geometric designs, turbulance tumbling and the eddy effects relative to
long and the short turn
radius based upon air cleaner shapes as it all relates to pressure
differential changes as measured against the column of air and pressure
pockets relative to monometer reading changes and what it all means to
lower ets?... huh?

well, frank is right... the pt# is there... but the visual is much quicker
and no need to start posts... gee... my tbi # is such and such...

no need to bother the dealers... they are too busy anyway and many already
too confused as it is....

now you know....so

mix match or swap your hearts away....

skip the S.A. comebacks to my post... i send good tech... take the later
with a grain of salt.

j@mpi

ALL means ALL... so now you won't have to post threads for 3 weeks... gee
mine is a 5.9 ram will that match the 5.2 dak?

ALL means ALL....

as in... no gain for a 360 tbi used in any 5.2 promised "upgrade"... no
such animal on the V8 OE tbi units....

speaking of tbis.... gotta go do some...

but you already knew that... uh?! (pesty flies!!! any more beer?)