Re: RE: Jules...Gone...

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 22:29:49 EDT

Jules Glogovcsan wrote:

> ----------
> > From: Andre Mauboussin <andrem@cyberramp.net>
> > To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> > Subject: Re: DML: RE: Jules...Gone...
> > Date: Thursday, October 22, 1998 9:12 AM
> >
> > Just for the record. I belong to a Mopar club and have friends that have
> > bought MPI products. MPI's throttle bodies were very well done but
> provided
> > no performance gain whatsoever and naturally this is disappointing when
> you
> > spend this much cash and wait that long to get something.
>
> what... are you crazy... or what? let's get the facts straight...
>
> if ALL of your friends bought our tbis and got NO gains... and they cost SO
> much $$$.... AND

He did complain and you offered to upgrade his throttle body for even more
money.What a generous guy! This individual races quite often and can therefore
compare best ETs quite easily(I saw the time slips and the disappointment in
his face, you didn't).

> The $500 rocker
> > arms didn't help much either.
>
> I SEE... SINCE WE SELL THE CROWER 1.7S... I GUESS YOU ARE SAYING THAT THE
> CROWER 1.7S DON'T WORK?!? YEAH... RIGHT ON...
>
> Not according to his ETs, but I'm sure his valves are still being opened and
> closed. Is that what you mean by them working? Maybe you just have different
> definitions of things like Bill Clinton does.

> THE ONLY OBNOXIOUS ONE WAS YOU... AND WE STATED WE DIDN'T WANT TO DO
> BUSINESS WITH YOU... AND WE DIDN'T!!
>
> Really, explain exactly what I said that was obnoxious. I'm listening. What I
> recall is you cutting down everything I did to my truck(all of which worked
> BTW)and suggesting I scrap it all. Pretty offensive attitude from someone
> who's trying to sell me something and gain trust. Then you suggested I buy
> about $1500 worth of parts. When I told you I didn't want to spend that much,
> but was willing to buy a few items at a time you began jerking me around on
> the phone deliberately(you admitted to this in a prior post I have a copy
> of). I finally got tired of waitng and arguing with you to take my credit
> card number for some underdrive pulleys, so I hung up and bought them
> elsewhere. That folks, is EXACTLY what happened.

> MAGNUM PERFORMANCE IS THE #1 LEADING INDEPENDENT SUPPLIER OF HIGH
> PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR THE MAGNUM SERIES ENGINES PRODUCED IN THE DODGE TRUCK
> PRODUCT LINE.

All hail Jules, god of sales!!!

> OUR PERSONALITY IS THAT IF YOU ARE HERE TO WASTE OUR TIME... WE WILL LET
> YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN HIT THE ROAD..

I sure wish you had, it would of saved me long distance charges. If I want
abuse I'll dial an S&M line or something ;-)

> MAGNUM PERFORMANCE HAS THOUSANDS OF VERY HAPPY CUSTOMERS...

So you keep saying. I race and belong to the largest Mopar Club in Texas and
haven't met one yet.

> THOSE THAT
> CHOSE TO DO BUSINESS WITH US IN A RESPONSIBLE AND PROFESSIONAL MANNER.
> LIKE KIND ATTRACTS LIKE KIND
>
> You are certainly not like kind.
>
> WHY IS IT ALWAYS THAT IF SOME ONE DOESN'T GET THE ET HE THINKS HE SHOULD
> GET?... IT IS ALWAYS THE MANUFACTURER'S FAULT

Maybe because you made and recommended it and claim your expertise in doing so
is second to none?

> ... NEVER THE TUNER...

What tuning is required for a TBI install or rocker arms. I'm confused.

If one man tells you your drunk, you can shrug it off. If a hundred men tell
you, you ought to lie down.