Anti-sway bars....was DAK REAR AXLE HOP

From: Geoffrey Hausheer (ghaushe@ichips.intel.com)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 13:17:47 EDT

I have noticed lately that I get a lot of squealing from the tires when I go
around corners (I didn't notice this 6 or 8 mos ago)....Now of course it is
quite possible that I am just going around corners a lot faster (actually this
is quite probable), but I'd like to reduce the roll a little, and perhaps get
rid of some of the understeer...yeah I know my 4x4 CC isn't a little sports
car...but it THINKS it is...and i want to help it out a little. I do have the
tire and handling package, but honestly, I'm not too impressed with the
Goodyear tires, and I don't know exactly what the difference in handling is
with or without the handling part of the package. Also, I'd like to get a
little better rear end traction in the rain (which is almost constant from
novemer thru may out here in the NW)....Anyhow, the real question is, does
anyone make front and rear anti-sway bars for the dakota, and will they help
enough without replacing the tires as well?...And what exactly is included in
the handling package on my '98?

.Geoff
'98 318 CC 4x4 std

Intel Corp.