Re: Emission Laws-Attn Mike G.

From: Tim (magnum318@bewellnet.com)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 14:30:51 EDT

From: Tim Roller>magnum318@bewellnet.com
 Fri.23rd,12:10pm

>Glad to see more Colorado people--I live in Colorado Springs, which is in
the emissions, B-zone (basic). I have done these things to my '95,5.2 with
no emissions problems or passing problems. I changed out to a Edlebrock open
air cleaner, duel exhaust(3" behind the cat to the axle, split to 2-1/4" to
the rear of truck), Accel electronic Performance coil, Taylor 8.5 wires, Mr.
Gasket chrome vent case breather, and MY HOMEMADE version of honing out the
TBI, which helped the best of all the add-ons. As to you having a '99, it
shouldn't be no trouble in putting on a '98 K&N air filter unit on it--make
sure you use the CARB info that comes with it. As to other mods I'm sure you
can use many other after-market products available for the '98's also, such
as performance coils, Jet chips, valve covers, or modified TBI's, just as
long as the CARB infos are also attached someplace so that the testing
facility can see them. As to the CAT- BACKs, you CAN'T touch them unless
they are damaged(plugged,holes,crushed,etc.) or they have over 40,000 miles
on them.
  Hope I've helped, or if you need any help on your truck let me know, maybe
we can get together sometime and help each other out with headers, exhaust,
brakes, or engine parts, or JUST a BEER

 TIM