Re: Ext.Warr. reply to R.Lewis

From: V8dakLECC@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 14:31:36 EDT

In a message dated 10/23/98 10:52:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
david.wilkinson@theaustin.com writes:

<< This is not <even> an opinion Richard...whats your damn point? I had no
 problem skipping over Jules posts, the muffler inquiries, the diesel posts
 on DiRT; or any other threads I'm not interested in. If you don't have an
 interest in my inquiry...how bout' <not> wasting my time and more
 importantly, everyone elses.

 Dave in Houston,

 1999 QC 1500 4x4, 5.2/5spd, 3.92/LSD, HD Serv/Tow Group, White/Agate.
 Bridgestone 285/75/16 MT's, Tinted windows, bed mat and Husky Liners.

 Richard Lewis so lovingly replies...

 Extended Warranty Thread, Cool!

 Here we go again! Lets have a clean bout, no low blows, etc.

 Now go to your corners and come out typing.

My point was to inject a little light-hearted rib into what has been lately a
quite tense list environment. I apologize if it didn't come out that way.

BTW a recently there was a lengthy thread about the merits or lack thereof of
extended warranties. There was some beneficial advice expressed in that
thread. However, the majority of posts were either "Don't get them they are a
ripoff" or "I bought one and it saved me thousands of $$". The end result is
the same as the Stick vs. Auto Holy war , Some people like 'em, some don't.

Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Auto