RE: Re: VE and the fuel pump...

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 14:44:50 EDT

Tech issue!
Wild theory time.
778 Injectors flow approx 230cc @ 82% duty cycle (stock 98 siemens pintle
style injector) Magnetic cicuit saturates @ 82% or so. Saturation never
occurs with the stock SBEC But appears to occur with the JETII module
combined with a 700+cfm TB... without discussing F/A (I dont really know
where it should be on these motors) It seems that dodge has put a cap on the
PW freq and duration.
If VE is O.K for desired HP,(modified/new manifolds) then a bigger injector
"should" avoid the saturation cap on PW freq and duration and provide necc.
fuel for proper F/A as dictated by SBEC...Sierto?
BUT just say the dyno results show a lean mixture and minimal HP gains
(just a hypothetical situation mind you)
Since no fuel pressure regulation is going on, the pressure must be sagging
due to extra demand?? SBEC knows and compensates by upping the freq and
duration of the pulse.
 IF the engineers were thrifty (modern mopar engineers seem to be the sort)
then the fuel pump is a minimalist device barely capable of making the stock
grade (a guess) so it tops out the SBEC PW table still and no HP gain... A
collision of curves if you will.
There, Ive said it, now rip it up...
BKB