Re: 100% confused w/Ext.Warr.

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 17:50:30 EDT

> I looked through the archives for discussions and real comparisons of
> extended warranties and did'nt find much at all.

  Funny, because this thread comes back every few months or so.

> I had Henson Motor fax me quotes for CC's plans and I also checked the web
> for Warranty Direct and Warranty Gold. I feel like I need to hire a lawyer

  Personally, I choose to avoid all extended warranties, but if I were
to consider one, I would only consider those offered by the product manufacturer
and nobody else. The legalese is a big red flag, and how much guarantee do
you have that the 3rd party underwriter isn't going to go belly up before
the warranty is over? At least with a Chrysler warranty, you can be pretty
sure they'll be there until expiration.

  Ron