Ignition Coil

From: Garret W Lewis (ladysmithgwl@juno.com)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 18:01:23 EDT

I've been thinking about installing a hotter coil in my 1997 4x4 Dakota
with 318 v8. I'm opting to replace the coil only because the general
consensus is that replacement ignition systems don't help performance.

1. I know that some of you DMLers have done the coil replacement. If
you have, what coil did you use and what kind of performance changes
resulted.

2. Doing my research with the ignition manufacturers, Accel said that
they would have a replacement coil for the Dakotas available after
Thanksgiving. The part number is #140021 for those of you interested.
FYI--I installed an Accel replacement coil on my wife's 5.0 Mustang and
was pleased with the results. I think that I'm going to wait until after
Thanksgiving and go the Accel route.

Garret
ladysmithgwl@juno.com
http://members.tripod.com/~garretl

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]