Re: 92 dakota rear wheel hop(follow up)

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 20:28:25 EDT

At 07:15 PM 10/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Don't know about the cow... cute though :-) And I don't know if this will
>help or not but... One of the claims to fame for the newer ('97+) Kotas
>is, "staggered rear shocks" which they tie to reducing wheel hop.
>Honestly, I don't know what this means (perhaps other DML'rs do?) and I
>don't know if this "system" can be retrofitted to older models but it seems
>to be the cure that ChryCo Eng's have come up with to cure the problem in
>newer Daks...
>
>Just $.02 and I wish you the best of luck solving the problem!
>
>T.

Staggered shocks....drivers side shock connects behind the rear axle,
passenger side shock connects in front of the rear axle(could be the other
way around). All the Daks until the 97's have both shocks connected on the
back side of the rear axle. Looks like you could weld a mount to the other
side of the axle(on the pre 97's). Probably not that easy, though....

Just a guess...

Brian