Re: Re: Anti-sway bars....4x4

From: Bobby Nicks (bwnicks@ibm.net)
Date: Sat Oct 24 1998 - 08:29:48 EDT

Gary Pinkley wrote:

> Geoff,
>
> I work for Hotchkis Performance, and we are making sway bars for both the
> 4x4 & 4x2 Dakotas
> & Durangos. I have prototypes made for the 4x4 Dakota, but I need a test
> vehicle in the LA/ SoCal
> area. Anyone want to let me try them on their truck, please contact me.
> The timeframe would be
> mid to late November (due to the SEMA show in Vegas the first week in Nov).
> You'll get a smokin' deal
> on the upgrade when production parts are available. (Usually we give them
> free to the owners who'll
> let us use their vehicle for development.) Please call me at work, first
> call first parts!)
>
> BTW, any suspension upgrade will always be limited by the tires you have
> installed on the vehicle.
> Basically, everyone here agrees that most of the stock Dak tires are junk.
>
> Gary Pinkley
> Hotchkis Performance
> 562-907-7757

Gary,

I,ve got a non Dakota question for you. I've got Hotchkiss lower
control arms on my Impala SS. How do you get to the rear grease
fitting. I'm running the stock bar in the rear and it covers most of the
hole in the bar where the gease fitting is. The only way I see to get
to it is to remove the bar whenever you want to grease it.

Are you going to come out with bars for the early Dakotas? I have a 95
and it needs a rear bar bad.

Bob Nicks
bwnicks@ibm.net