Re: The Dreaded MIL!

From: Ed Garbacz (uegarbac@mcs.drexel.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 13:01:32 EST

> Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 09:35:16 -0500
> From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
> Subject: DML: The Dreaded MIL!
>
> Grrrrrrrrrrr... Started up the truck this morning and the GD MIL "Check Engine
> Light" illuminated! I've got a '98 so I can't even play with the ignition
> switch to see what's wrong... What's really buggin' me is there are no symptoms
> of anything wrong. It started right up, idles nice, plenty of power, no problem
> at high RPM, etc. This is FRUSTRATING! They ought to include a scan tool with
> every new vehicle... or at least keep a low tech way of pulling codes!
>
> Oh well, gotta go to the dealer anyway to fix the steering so I guess I'll go
> for the 2 for 1 special. I wonder if they'll give me a harder time about the
> FABM, JBA's and/or 180 stat... Stay tuned :-)
>
> L8r,
>
> T.

    I have to agree with you about a low tech way of pulling codes. The same
thing happened to me yesterday morning. Started up and the Check Engine Light
came on. I have a 99 4x4 V6 with just over 1000 miles on it. There doesn't
seem to be anything wrong with the truck, it runs great. However, I didn't
have any plans to make a trip to the dealer. Looks like I do now! Let me know
if they say anything about the FABM I just ordered the parts for mine.

Ed G.